Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crayola Crayon Initial Wall Art

 How CUTE are these!!! I have to admit they are pretty tedious to make, but with a lot of love you can do it too! :)

I found these done by another blogger, but can't find the blog now, so I decided; Hey! I can make that too!
I have some progress pictures that I will upload later.

I used some frames that I found at family dollar on clearance for $1.70!! I spray painted them black and removed the glass.
The paper is white cardstock, (you will need a durable paper). I found the letter outlines on the internet. Just google "alphabet printables".


The crayons are glued down with super glue (I found that the gel kind works best because it is not absorbed by the paper) It is best to cut the crayons with a sharp box cutter. Be careful when cutting the crayons because it is possible to cut more off than you wanted. The best way I found was to score all the way around the crayon and then gently apply pressure to cut all the way through.

You will want to lay the crayons out on the letter first, then mark the ones that need cutting, before you do any gluing.
The ribbon I purchased at Wal-Mart. It has the alphabet with matching animals for the letters.


I hope this inspires you to go create some for someone you know! Any questions just ask! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment