Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gerber Burp Cloths

Today I made some burp cloths for a friend, who has a friend, that just had a baby..did that make sense?..

Anyway, she said that she needed some with brown and pink and these are what I came up with.
I used Gerber cloth diapers (6ply). I sewed some with fabric down the center, some with fabric covering both sides (front and back), and one I added some ric rac too.
There is no real tutorial, they're that easy to make. I believe I cut pieces 6"x19" (with seam allowance) for center strips, and used 2 pieces 10.5"x19" for ones with sides covered.
Turn your hem under, iron, and pin down..lots of pins! The more pins, the less puckering you have; because the thickness of the center of the diaper will be tough to sew through.

Hope you enjoy looking!







No comments:

Post a Comment